Shunt Driver/ Receiver C Shift // McCormick
Shunt Driver/ Receiver C Shift
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick’s success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees,
our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
• Responsible for moving trailers to meet requirements for Shipping, Flavour Shipping and Receiving.
• Movement of trailers between production facility and off-site warehousing facility.
• Inspection and scheduling of tractor and trailer maintenance.
• Tracking of trailer movements and shunts.
• Delivery of direct shipments to local customers.
• Ability to perform consistent physical work (lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, bending repetitively).
• Familiarity with the SAP warehouse transactions is an asset.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to work overtime, pre-shift, post-shift and weekends as required to meet customer expectations.
• Previous experience in a warehouse environment using narrow aisle and counterbalance forklift equipment.
• Must have or be capable of completing training and McCormick certification for pallet truck, counterbalance
and narrow aisle forklift.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as required
• OSSD diploma or equivalent and successful passing of basic qualification testing.
• Class AZ drivers license required.
• Three years excellent driving experience with clean driving record (abstract required).
• Good communication and organizational skills required.
• Distribution and Warehouse knowledge, experience is a definite asset.
• Ability to work different shifts / overtime with little or no notice when required; this includes the requirement
to change shifts to cover other shunt drivers vacation.
• Perform Shipping/Receiving tasks for intercompany and Canadian material at or above department standards.
• Work closely with other Shipping/Receiving team members to achieve the goals of the department.
• Daily inspection of equipment and filling in pre-op reports.
• Work safely within the warehouse environment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at; www.helloflavour.ca, job requisition ID 71034.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Please notify H.R. if required.