Labourer / Operator / Veolia
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Job Title: Labourer/ Operator
Number of Positions: 14 – 16 Positions
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
WE WILL TRAIN!
Temporary from March 18, 2019 – May 20, 2019 (there is potential to have some
positions become permanent)
The Vacuum and Hydro Blasting Operator is responsible for performing on-site vacuum
and hydro blasting operations and the safe operation of vacuum and hydro blasting
equipment in accordance with company standards and procedures.
– Perform daily inspections of equipment, hoses, pumps, etc.
Load and unload heavy equipment necessary to perform vacuum and hydro blasting operations.
– Set up and connect hoses and tools from hydro blast pump to operation ranging
from 50 – 500 feet in length. These set ups include elevated work towers,
vessels, buildings and more.
– Perform vacuum and hydro blast operations including shot gunning of pressures
ranging from 4,000 psi to 40,000 psi.
– Set up and take down all equipment, hoses and tools.
– Requires heavy manual labour to properly set up and take down operations.
– Completes all paperwork including drivers log, Job Safety Analysis forms, and
any other reports as may be required.
– Communicate to site personnel and the Supervisor any abnormalities or faulty
situations in regards to the process, product, machine, equipment, workplace,
safety or other.
– Wear safety personal protective equipment as required for this position (heights,
confined space, toxic atmospheres, high impact work during hydro blasting),
work safely and observe all safety procedures.
– Promotes safety through own actions and work habits. Reports all incidents and
near misses, involving self, company vehicles, or other job personnel to the
– Cleans up work area after work is complete.
– Performs other tasks as may be requested by the Supervisor including manual labour.
Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned.
Specifically, lift 50 pounds.
Requires current DZ license.
Required to be on-call.
Able to work in very wet environments as well as very dry environments.
Physically capable of standing, shoveling and performing other types of physical
work for long periods of time.
Capable of working long shifts under adverse conditions (up to 12 hours a day)
Medically and physically capable of wearing respirator while performing the
above listed work.
Must be able to complete a satisfactory road test with Veolia’s personnel
Requires a clean Driver’s Abstract.
Experience working in an industrial setting.
Please send your resume to Angela Stanley, Human Resources at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-973-3915.