Highway Driver AZ (Team Driver)
Potential applicants should carefully review the information for this job opportunity. Every applicant must also be agreeable to the working conditions prior to applying for the position. Only those candidates with the right qualification as stated below will be considered for the position.
Job Summary: Highway Drivers safely operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban and rural areas in all weather conditions to transport freight from point to point.
- Willing to operate tractor-trailers in a team (double or triple)
- Obtain assignments and inspect loads, paperwork and equipment prior to leaving the facility
- Drop and hook trailers and change configuration of equipment as necessary
- Share responsibility regarding the maintenance of equipment by maintaining driving records
- Professionally represent the company through responsible driving and excellent customer service.
- Minimum Training Requirements for New Drivers:
- All candidates applying for a Linehaul Driver position have successfully completed a Class AZ Driver Training Course at a recognized training school.
- If candidates do not have the formal training, they must have a minimum 3 months (average of 10,000 miles per month) of highway driving experience or hourly city work that is shown to be accident free or have only non-preventable accidents.
- If candidates apply with anything, less than this minimum they will NOT be considered.
- Clean Driving Abstract
- Clear Criminal Record Search
- Must meet all DOT requirements US & CDN
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Must be able to acquire FAST CARD
- Age requirement of 21 years
- Positive references from previous employer
- Must be able to complete a road evaluation.
- Attend one (1) day orientation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Truck and successfully pass a TDG Quiz.
- Good command of the English language, verbal and written (ESL Level 6).
- Must be willing to drive as a team.
We have a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates including Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Members of Visible Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Email : Wayne Hartle at Wayne.Hartle@Yrcfreight.com