DZ drivers required
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
We are currently recruiting DZ drivers for our clients within the Brantford area.
- The Driver ensures safe operation of a truck, while driving and loading through densely populated residential areas. The driver drives his route making constant stops to pick up and place materials into the truck. The driver proceeds along their assigned route (average 1000 houses per day) until the truck is loaded, and then proceeds to a designated transfer station, usually 2 to 3 times a day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for DZ Truck Driver:
- Ensure safe operation of a Residential collections truck, both Rear-load and Automated Side-load vehicles
- Drive daily assigned residential areas/maps for: waste, recycling, organics, or Yard waste curbside collection.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through reliable, consistent service
- Resolve blocked access, if possible, (e.g Contact Route Supervisor)
- Complete additional pickups if necessary as directed by Route Supervisor
- Drive to transfer station to weigh vehicle (weigh in and out), obtain a ticket for weight and record on route sheet
- Unload contents by moving blade forward, using safe procedures; manually clean out debris trapped behind blade, and return blade to front of truck
- Complete assigned route and fill out route sheet at end of day
- At the start and end of each shift, complete a thorough circle check of truck, review safety issues, tires, lights, fuel, check oil and coolant levels, etc., document any concerns to be checked by maintenance and submit VCR
Requirements and Qualificationsfor DZ Truck Driver:
- Commercial drivers license is required and must be maintained.
- Proven record of safe driving performance.
- Capable to work up to 10 hours per day
- Experience driving Rear Loader or Side Load trucks is an asset
- Knowledge of the area is an asset.
- DZ license and experience
- Available to work Monday to Friday
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physically mobile: able to climb in and out of truck to unlock/lock bins (or roll recycling containers) and to clean out truck after dumping contents.
- May need to get in and out of truck (low entry) at some customer sites and to position bins for collection, weighing about 20 to 40 pounds (depends on contents e.g., waste vs organics) a few feet to truck and back.
- Exposed to elements. Will need to be outside (exposed to heat/cold, rain) briefly but frequently throughout the day.
- Both seated and standing driving a truck.
- GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Guaranteed daily hours
- Opportunity for overtime
- Competitive wages
Experience needed for DZ Truck Driver:
- We can work with both, experienced and non-experienced drivers. But is mandatory to have a DZ License and knowing how to drive a truck
Typical hours for the DZ Truck Driver:
- Around 40 hours/week.
- Monday to Friday.
- Starting at 5:30 am
Application timings: Mon – Fri – 9:00am – 4:00pm
Trebor Personnel Inc. (TPI)
7 Charlotte Street (Upper Level), Brantford ON
For inquires call: 519-209-1647
About us: Established in January 1985, Trebor Personnel & TPI Driver Services is one of the largest suppliers of industrial staff and truck drivers in Southern Ontario. More recently we have strengthened ourselves in providing technical personnel and office staff. TPI has seven (7) offices in Southern Ontario that supply temporary and full-time personnel from Oshawa in the east to London in the west.