NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Sunbelt Rentals is the fastest growing equipment rental company in Canada! We are rapidly expanding and are looking for a Driver in the Brampton Area.
Drivers—put your career on the road to success with a company that will invest in you! Sunbelt Rentals is seeking a Transportation Driver to join our transportation team.
We understand the diverse talent of our employees is a driving force behind our success. That’s why we invest in your career with competitive compensation, extensive on-the-job training, and plenty of opportunities!
As a Driver, you will deliver and recover equipment at the customer site. This involves local hauling of equipment and supplies as well as loading, unloading, and securing the equipment according to company and Transport Canada standards. And we have Brand New Trucks!
Driver responsibilities include:
- Performing some basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at jobsite and making minor repairs
- Performing daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety
- Learning and demonstrating Customer Service Standards for delivery service
- Obtaining required signatures on rental contracts, pick up, and exchange forms
- Demonstrating proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery
- Completing inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment
As a Driver, you will need previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers, and towable construction equipment. You must be able to operate safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas. If you possess the necessary skills and a “Can Do” attitude in order to exceed customer expectation, we want you on our transportation team!
- Valid driver’s license with Class DZ
- 2 years of verifiable over-the-road experience operating combination commercial vehicles
- Working knowledge and understanding of Transport Canada regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
- Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment, preferred
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
- Sufficient mechanical ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle
- Working knowledge of delivery area
- Prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery within rental industry and working understanding of load securement and transport
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision coverage
- RRSP/DPSP program
- Paid Volunteer Day
- STD/LTD coverage
- Travel Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.