Driver / Yard Position
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Devron Sales Ltd. is a progressively growing company based out of Welland, and is currently looking for a team player to fill the position of Driver/Yard person. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of construction materials to predetermined customers, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks and providing exceptional customer service to our client base. If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge at a growing company and possess 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, we encourage you to apply today!
The successful candidate’s duties will include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment at all times
- Conduct pre-trip inspections
- Load and unload products on and off trucks
- Deliver orders to customers
- Maintain ongoing communications with office
- Monitor inventory controls and counts in the yard
- Care and up keep of the yard and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- AZ/DZ License (with a clean and updated abstract)
- Good logistical knowledge of Southern Ontario will be an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to write and communicate the English language fluently
- Previous experience is an asset (3-5 years)
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to use forklifts is an asset
- Frequently lifting up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- CSA approved work boots and safety equipment is required
We offer a compensation package which includes Dental/Health benefits to the successful candidate upon completion of the probationary period.
Devron Sales Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested to apply, however only successful applicants chosen will be contacted for an interview.
All interested applicants can submit their resumes to email@example.com no later than Friday, May 11, 2018.