Driver – Rigger / CenterLine (Windsor) Limited
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
CenterLine (Windsor) Limited is a recognized industry leader in welding and metal working equipment. We apply state of the art technology toward designing and manufacturing innovative products and solutions to meet ever-changing industry demands. Our portfolio of products and solutions create a vertically integrated foundation for providing our valued customers with the latest solutions to their welding and automation needs. The solutions range from robotic weld lines, configurable fastener welding equipment, resistance weld guns, resistance weld electrodes and other welding accessories.
Our people are our key competitive advantage in driving innovation that sells in today’s global market. Our success over CenterLine’s 60 years in business has been built on a foundation of innovation, knowledge, experience, and tailored customer service.
Centerline (Windsor) Limited, is looking for a self-motivated, reliable individual to fill the position of a Driver – Rigger who is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of products over established routes. This position reports to the Transportation Logistics Supervisor.
• Operate light trucks and cube vans to pick up and deliver various products over established
• Operate vehicle in a safe manner, obeying all safety rules
• Loading and unloading products in a safe manner, using appropriate aids (dollies, lifts, etc.)
• Perform timely inspections of loads during all phases of truck / travel operation
• Verify all load related documentation for validity, accuracy and completeness
• Log information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, and any problems encountered
• Effective oral and written communication
• Complete all necessary paperwork pertaining to daily travel logs, inspection logs, delivery
receipts, vehicle inspection logs, hours of operation, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Valid Class ‘D’ Driver’s License required.
• Clean Driver’s Abstract
• Ability to cross the US / Canada border
• ‘Fast Card’ an asset
• Eligibility for bonding and transportation of dangerous goods (TGD) certification
• Forklift license and operational experience an asset
• Organized, with solid time management skills
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
• Computer literate
Interested candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday April 4, 2019
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Centerline Windsor Limited will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, Selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.