AZ Truck Driver
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products and steel distributors. We provide steel processing and distribution services to a broad base of approximately 35,000 end users through a network of 148 branches.
We are currently hiring an AZ Driver at our London Branch. This is a full-time, permanent job.
- Perform duties in keeping with the Ministry of Transportation requirements
- Conduct thorough and effective inspections of vehicle and material on board
- Strap and secure materials to ensure materials are safely transported
- Operate the vehicle safely and in accordance with local jurisdiction
- Maintain records/logs as prescribed by the Ministry of Transportation and Company policy
- Operate company issued electronic and/or communication equipment professionally and respectfully
- Maintain a professional presentation and interaction with customers
- Complete work assignments in keeping with customer requirements and deadlines
- Liaise with Transportation/Shipping department to advise of any delays or questions of deliveries
- Perform all tasks safely and as directed by management
- Perform all tasks in a professional, respectful manner
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by management
- Participate in all company directed training
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Drivers Abstract required
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Three years clean, safe driving record
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Previous experience with a box trailer or slider kit an asset
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce.How to Apply
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Human Resources via fax or email:
Please state in the subject line the position you are applying for.