AZ DRIVER REQUIRED / ATLAS CLINTON
Atlas Engineered Products (AEP) is one of the fastest growing, publicly traded, supplier of trusses, windows, doors and engineered products in Canada. With manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the country, AEP has expert design and engineering teams, multiple-shift state-of-the-art manufacturing operations, and large inventories of engineered beam and flooring components. We are currently made up of the following group of companies: Atlas Building Components, Coastal Windows & Doors, South Central Building Systems, Clinton Building Components, Pacer Building Components and Satellite Building Components.
AEP is currently looking for a full-time, permanent, Truck Driver to support operations in Clinton, Ontario. Reporting to the Operations Manager, our ideal candidate will be flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and motivated, with a focus on providing a high degree of external and internal customer service as we grow our team and business!
Our Truck Driver will be accountable for delivering floor, wall and roof truss’ and be based out of Clinton, ON.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITY:
Our drivers deliver Trusses to clients across Southwestern Ontario..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
- The main responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Ensure loads are properly secured
- Check with the loaders to ensure accuracy of delivery
- Safe operation of truck and trailer
- Daily inspection/log books as per Ministry of Transportation Standards
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate delays, arrivals or equipment issues as required.
- Report any site problems or broken trusses to Logistics Coordinator or Production Manager
- Maintain truck, keep maintenance log up to date, and report repairs needed to Logistics Coordinator
- Take pictures of all 4 sides of each load after dropped on site and send to the Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure all required on site paperwork is completed and returned to the office
- Ensure all safety devices in the area are in place, active and in proper working order
- Ensure compliance with Ontario Health and Safety Act
- Always wear safety and PPE equipment
- Report any unsafe work conditions to supervisor immediately
- At least 3 years AZ driving experience
- Valid AZ Drivers License
- Clean Commercial Vehicle Operator Record and Drivers Abstract
- Experience driving trusses or over-sized loads preferred
- Fluency in English (speed, accuracy, and proper expression) in written, reading and oral communication
- Customer Service skills
- Team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals and delivery paperwork
- Ability to provide a current Police or RCMP Criminal Record Check
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out an application under the “Careers” tab on our website at https://www.atlasengineeredproducts.com/careers.
Please note: While we appreciate the time and effort put into all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to move forward in the selection process.