AZ Driver / Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal Inc.
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
AZ Driver- Full time, plus benefits!
Would you like to work in a stable and friendly environment with competitive compensation and an easy commute from Hamilton, Milton, and the surrounding area? Join our team!
Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal is a Metal Recycling business, whose mission is to be the most trusted source for metal recycling, in an environmentally friendly manner that stands above the rest. Our dedicated employees provide the foundation that defines us. We have been in business since 1984, and are heavily involved in the local community.
· Highly competitive compensation
· The possibility of overtime
· A comprehensive benefits package
· Employer matched RRSP program
· Easy commute from Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, West Mississauga, and surrounding area
· Company paid for work clothing, boots, and PPE.
The AZ Driver is responsible for servicing customers which can include picking up, switching, or dropping roll-off boxes, along with using various trailers for picking up a range of materials from customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading or unloading, along with safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment, and completing required paperwork
- Complete customer calls by transporting material in roll-off boxes or using a trailer
- Responsible for ensuring loads are secure to legal requirements, tarping loads as needed
and obeying traffic laws
- Responsible for carrying all required personal protective equipment that may be required on customer sites including hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, safety boots, hearing protection and work gloves
- Responsible for moving material around the yard as requested
- Responsible for transporting company equipment to jobs and completing jobs as needed
- Responsible for securing equipment that is off-site when leaving the site
- Responsible for adhering to all customers health and safety requirements
- Responsible for daily checks and daily maintenance on vehicles and promptly reporting any mechanical problems with equipment
- Responsible for maintaining positive customer relations when dealing with clients during pickups or deliveries
Roll off/ Tractor
Flat deck, 40 yard, 20 yard, or 14 yard roll off bins, Scow, End Dump, Car Hauler
4 or 5 axle trailers
John Deere Wheel Loader
Ferrous and Non-ferrous material identification experience
Heavy Equipment Training
Class AZ License
Clean drivers abstract
Location: Campbellville – L0P 1B0
To Apply: Please email resume to email@example.com