AZ Driver Day Shift
Title: Truck Driver Class AZ Type: Full Time Permanent
Reporting to the Guelph Operations Manager, as the Truck Driver Class AZ you will be directly responsible for the operation of a 2014 Freight Liner with a flatbed trailer to make deliveries to customers and pickups at suppliers on time within Guelph and southern Ontario. You will also assist in warehouse activities, as required.
This is a day job, which means you will be home every night!!
- Operates Company vehicle in a professional and safe manner at all times and follows all transportation laws
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the truck and trailer
- Hook up and unhook trailers; strap loads and remove straps from loads
- Drive to loading and unloading sites (at Comco or customers’ locations)
- Adhere to all customers, suppliers, and Comco’s safety policies and procedures
- Use of forklift to load and unload product from trailer.
- Assist in warehouse duties, such as, pick & packaging of product orders
- Education: High School Diploma
- Work Experience: 3 years driving with Class AZ license and hauling a flat deck trailer
- Forklift Operation: Must know how to operate forklift
- License: Class AZ with excellent driving skills and a clean driving record (abstract to be provided)
- Excellent communication skills to deal with customers and suppliers
- Ability to read orders, bill of ladings, and understand product quantities
- Physically able to lift, carry, and move at least 50lbs on a regular basis, climb into cab of truck or onto trailer, and manually winch with a tie down bar for strapping.
- Wears the required PPE (Hard hat, steel toed safety boots, safety glasses, etc.)
- Our work environment is safety sensitive and will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol evaluation.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company located in Guelph, Monday to Friday
- Salary range: approximately $21-23 per hour
- 40 hour work week plus overtime as required
- Group Health and insurance benefits, DCPP, and employee share purchase plan
Comco Pipe & Supply Company, a division of Russel Metals Inc. has grown to be one of the largest industrial carbon steel pipe, fittings and flange companies in North America. We specialize in the supply and distribution of pipe and fluid handling products to the energy, construction, manufacturing, pulp and paper mining industries. Our mission is to safely provide outstanding quality and service as defined by our customers, by continually challenging ourselves to improve.How to Apply
If interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Derek Fish at email@example.com, please quote “Guelph AZ Driver” in the subject. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.