Join Us! We are looking for a licensed AZ Driver for delivery and pick-up of our construction equipment to our valued customers.
Proudly Canadian for over 60 years, Stephenson’s Rental Services is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Our services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Our dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen us flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada. We are proud of the quality equipment we rent and the great partnerships we form with our customers.
We are currently looking for an AZ Class Driver (Job #18193) to join our Central Delivery team based in Mississauga.
- Competitive hourly wages plus bonus opportunity.
- Participation in exciting discount programs.
- Attractive benefit package after 3 months.
- Opportunity to participate in company matched RSP after 1 year.
- Full time – shift schedules reflect our business hours and include evenings and weekends.
- Guaranteed hours, no seasonal layoffs, local driving.
- Uniform and boot allowance provided.
- Any required training provided.
- Opportunities to grow from within.
The AZ Driver is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient delivery and pick-up of heavy and medium construction equipment rented or sold to customers using the appropriate AZ Class vehicle. The AZ Driver will operate all Company vehicles in accordance with all Municipal, Provincial and Federal laws and provide the highest level of customer service possible.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous driving and delivery experience.
- Working knowledge/understanding of Stephenson’s product line
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service skills
- Valid Ontario AZ Driver’s license with clean Abstract
- Flexibility; ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Experience operating a Moffett forklift is preferred but not required.
- Manual lifting and loading of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Safely transport and operate various pieces of heavy/medium equipment being delivered and able to explain its operations to customers.
- Assist customers in handling large items and treat them in a fair and consistent manner.
- Immediately advise supervisor of all customer complaints.
- Deliver and pick-up all products within the timeframe given by the customer.
- Ensure equipment is not damaged when picked up from customer.
- Report any damages on equipment to dispatch supervisor.
- Maintain inventory control documents to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management
- Operate the vehicle safely and follow relevant legislation at all times.
- Ensure all loads are properly secured and loaded and unloaded in safe manner.
- Complete all reports related to vehicle usage such as run sheets, inspection reports and maintenance.
- Complete a daily truck inspection and keep it on file.
- Fill the vehicle with fuel at the end of every day.
- Ensure the truck is cleaned on a regular basis.
- Report any required damage repairs or maintenance on the vehicle to your supervisor.
- Check in with Supervisor for additional duties as required including: pre-loading, equipment checks, maintenance to vehicle etc.
- Maintain housekeeping on all areas outside the store/OSC.
- Adhere to all Company Safety Policies
- Ensure the promotion of safe work practices to all staff, customers, suppliers and contractors
- Report any workplace hazards and help to eliminate them
- Use all personal protective equipment as required
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation
- Attend any training programs sponsored by the Company that relate directly to the Health and Safety of the position
Kindly include a copy of your recent driver’s abstract (within 3 months) with your application.
We would like to thank all that apply! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and accommodations are available upon request.How to Apply
Please submit your resume by e-mailing it to: