AZ Company Driver / Aviv
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
We are a long haul transport company in flat bed division. We operate in all of USA and Canada.
- load and unload goods
- pick up, load and deliver goods
- tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- may perform emergency roadside repairs
- perform brake adjustments
- operate articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- perform preventive maintenance
- drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- perform pre trip, en route, and post trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- receive and relay information to central dispatch
- mountain driving expertise
- professionalism in customer service
- coach colleagues on new methods or work techniques
- may address customer complaints or concerns
- communicate with dispatch once a day and update dispatch when picked up load and dropped off load or any concerns that dispatch needs to be aware of
- completion of high school is required
- experience is an asset
- driving record check is required
- physically demanding
- willing to travel for extended periods and for cross boarder trips
Salary: $0.45 per mile to start. After 1 year of being with the company pay increases up to $0.50 per mile.
Benefits: We provide disability insurance and CPP contribution.
- flexibility on schedule is required. Working hours vary according to the clients requirements for pick up and deliveries
- the position requires traveling to different provinces in Canada and USA and thus regularly be away for extended periods / couple of weeks at a time
or mail: 6658 County Road 21, Alliston, Ontario L9R-1V2
Do not post a reply to the school website.